Having Breakfast with Buddha ..

An essential thing about reading something besides from your career stuff is, its like making a conscious choice of what one would like to inculcate in our systems. Its most wonderful part being that it does become a part of our lives in some way.

Recently I completed reading " Breakfast with Buddha" by Roland Merullo. The main character Otto Ringling, I found much like me, beaten up by the big questions, searching for answers. At the juncture of the story where he meets Rinpoche (a spiritual person) and he asks Otto " Why so angry ??" I found myself asking the same question and couldn't find a justifiable answer on any grounds. Before that I used to make myself believe that, it was a driving factor of the kind of person I am with highs of its own kind. I don't think I did fool myself that well because then it wouldn't have struck a cord.

I find that mostly due to scripting from a culture that says being busy all the time is the kind of living important people do; I believed it. On day to day life basis I see that it is the belief held by many as well. And then this guy asks " Whats the rush for"? . No it doesn't mean forgetting deadlines and stuff of that sort. But really " If the point of one's being is to be happy and have a fragment of that illusioned peace then some of the daily stuff we do have got nothing in common with the motto". When faced with that question I also saw a flash from the page of someone's life where the person is removed from responsibilities in his work and its almost like clipping his wings. It also brought back that chapter in Maslow's theory where we strive for self actualization and sometimes due to lack of principle centredness we end up accounting that with collectibles like more responsibilities, a loft, a reserved parking space etc; where at the end of day all we keep searching for is that spark inside us to shine from inside out.

I think, its the labeling that caused it. What if no one told us the moon was moon and no one told us bunch of stuff that we ought to ought not to and we let just the good in us to lead through life. As Rinpoche says, at each step we have a choice to say yes or no. Now if no one had told us where to say what and that not essentially after A always B then perhaps we would have much more out of our free wills !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Span

Glamour industry